Early last month it was the Hall’s Centenary birthday. The Hall would like to thank all who came to help celebrate its 100th and it especially liked the enthusiastic “Happy Birthday’’ singing that followed the cutting of the cake.
An interesting and informative summary of its earlier days and of some pivotal players in its construction, was given by Warwick Hodges and Dave Watt (on behalf of his aunty, Dorothy Bauchomb). The Centenary recipe book was a popular purchase and no doubt some cooking has been taking place and scrumptious meals and snacks have been the result.
If you would still like to purchase one, Kiaran at the Post Office has copies for sale. Of course thanks to the many that played a role before and on the day. We appreciate Penny Smith, who came out to run the games, with Heidi’s help. Due to the wet weather it meant that they were held inside with limited space, but they were a success all the same.
We are sure that the hall will be a venue for many a celebration and gathering in the years to come.
Lynne Watt - Secretary
Centenary Cookbooks are available at the following:
Greenethorpe Post Office
Weddin Visitors Centre
Cowra Visitors Centre
and online at
Consider hiring the Greenethorpe Soldiers' Memorial Hall for your next function - place a request on the 'Contact Us' page
Coast to Country Foods
Please have your order in by Wednesday 23rd, prior to 2pm. www.coast2countryfoods.com.au
Have you seen our new blog where we have set up some seafood recipes, important dates and news. https://www.coast2countryfoods.com.au/blog Coming up:
From July we will start selling lamb. Sourced by a local farmer and cut locally.
Deli delights will also be available soon (deli meats, cheeses and other goodies).
Don't forget to like our Facebook and Instagram pages to keep up to date.
🦀 Pre-order online at www.coast2countryfoods.com.au
Coast to Country Foods is a family owned and operated business. We will be delivering fresh seafood straight from Sydney Fish Markets to your door or town. Coming soon we will be delivering country meats to your door.
Orders close the Wednesday prior to delivery at 2pm
As well as this newsletter, there are several other good community resources / groups on Facebook.
1. Greenethorpians – local news updates and other items of interest. This is a private group. You need to ask to join and answer the Admin questions to be accepted. This requirement helps to keep spammers out of the group.
2. Greenethorpe History Group - established to allow past and present members of the Greenethorpe Community to connect with its history.
3. Greenethorpe Guardians Ltd –pursue a wide range of charitable purposes that will enhance and improve the village and the surrounding area, and provide assistance and support to the people living in that community.
4. Greenethorpe Soldiers' Memorial Hall Events – a page for all community events held at the hall
5. Greenethorpe Public School P&C Assoc.
6. Greenethorpe Buy Sell & Swap
7. Shamrock Hotel Greenethorpe
8. CIRCA 1935
9. WEBSITE: http://greenethorpe.nsw.au
10. AAG Facebook page
Uniting Church Services
Services are held on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays of each month
The AAG is looking for sponsorship.
Please contact Phil or Emma Weyers if you are interested.
Email - email@example.com
Mobile Day Care
Mobile Day Care visits Greenethorpe and nearby Koorawatha on alternate Wednesdays. Contact -
Cowra Early Childhood Services for more info
Phone: 02 6341 1156
CIRCA 1935 / POST OFFICE
Permanent opening hours for 2021
Monday to Friday 11- 3
Wednesdays also 5.30 - 8.30 pm (café only)
Out of hours parcel collection by prior arrangement
Yoga has resumed on Monday nights at the Hall
6.30pm with Ken.
Check Cowra Garage Yoga for timetable