NEWS FROM THE SMH
The next Hall meeting will be held on Thursday 22nd July at 6.00 pm in the Supper Room (please note the earlier time).
Prior to this meeting there will be a Centenary Gala Day planning meeting. EVERYONE interested in helping/ contributing in any way to this event, to be held on SATURDAY 18th SEPTEMBER, is most welcome to come to this meeting at 5.30 pm. One of the main jobs is to " spread the word and save the date" for the centenary.
As well as this newsletter, there are several other good community resources / groups on Facebook.
1. Greenethorpians – local news updates and other items of interest. This is a private group. You need to ask to join and answer the Admin questions to be accepted. This requirement helps to keep spammers out of the group.
2. Greenethorpe History Group - established to allow past and present members of the Greenethorpe Community to connect with its history.
3. Greenethorpe Guardians Ltd –pursue a wide range of charitable purposes that will enhance and improve the village and the surrounding area, and provide assistance and support to the people living in that community.
4. Greenethorpe Soldiers' Memorial Hall Events – a page for all community events held at the hall
5. Greenethorpe Public School P&C Assoc.
6. Greenethorpe Buy Sell & Swap
7. Shamrock Hotel Greenethorpe
8. CIRCA 1935
9. WEBSITE: http://greenethorpe.nsw.au
Greenethorpe Soldiers’ Memorial Hall Centenary Cookbook
To coincide with the centenary of the Greenethorpe Soldiers’ Memorial Hall, we will be producing a cookbook filled with recipes from past and present residents of Greenethorpe. The aim of the book is to deliver a keepsake to mark the centenary of the Hall, to have the famous recipes of our community recorded in one place, and to turn all members of the Greenethorpe community into very proud published authors.
The book will be available for sale in August 2021, in conjunction with the Hall’s centenary celebrations. We are at the stage where we need to begin gathering recipes from you.
Recipes can be submitted either by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or you can drop off copies of your recipes to Belinda Mort at the Post Office. We would like to receive all recipes by the end of November to start collating the book.
Please ensure when writing your recipe to include your name, a full ingredient and method list, and number of people the recipe serves.
Thank you in advance for helping us put together something very special for Greenethorpe.
Coast to Country Foods
Next delivery date - Friday 25th June
Please have your order in by Wednesday 23rd, prior to 2pm. www.coast2countryfoods.com.au
Have you seen our new blog where we have set up some seafood recipes, important dates and news. https://www.coast2countryfoods.com.au/blog Coming up:
From July we will start selling lamb. Sourced by a local farmer and cut locally.
Deli delights will also be available soon (deli meats, cheeses and other goodies).
Don't forget to like our Facebook and Instagram pages to keep up to date.
🦀 Pre-order online at www.coast2countryfoods.com.au
Coast to Country Foods is a family owned and operated business. We will be delivering fresh seafood straight from Sydney Fish Markets to your door or town. Coming soon we will be delivering country meats to your door.
Orders close the Wednesday prior to delivery at 2pm
Uniting Church Services
Services in July will be held on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays, commencing at 9am.
Yoga at the Hall on Monday nights has changed to a winter start time of 6.30pm
The AAG is looking for sponsorship.
Please contact Belinda at the PO
if you are interested or ring -
Belinda 0419 614 535
Mobile Day Care
Mobile Day Care visits Greenethorpe and nearby Koorawatha on alternate Wednesdays. Contact -
Cowra Early Childhood Services for more info
Phone: 02 6341 1156
CIRCA 1935 / POST OFFICE
Permanent opening hours for 2021
Monday to Friday 11- 3
Wednesdays also 5.30 - 8.30 pm (café only)
Out of hours parcel collection by prior arrangement